This project aims at building an International Wheat Information System, called hereafter WheatIS, to support the wheat research community. The main objective is to provide a single-access web base system to access to the available data resources and bioinformatics tools.
This project is based on the principles listed below:
- Collective building of the WheatIS to better respond to the needs of the international wheat community;
- Incremental implementation to offer rapidly an operational information system;
- Emphasis on Quality Assurance to serve as a framework for an approach with incremental implementation;
- Promotion of an open-access model for data exchange;
- Reliance on a distributed system;
- Use of Virtual Machine and Cloud Computing technologies to facilitate sharing data and tools;
- Promotion of the visibility of each participating platform to contribute to their sustainability.
If you have questions regarding this Wheat Information System project, please contact: